Friday 10 April 2015

What I have Learned from my Audience Feedback

"I think your video is amazing, the range of locations appears very professional as they are unique which I usually see with existing music videos. Also the use of cinematography really keeps me enthralled to the video as it is not repetitive and there is a variety which highlights the abstract nature of the video. I think the use of effects you've added and how you have manipulated the footage in post production creates fluency and matches the style and genre, creating cohesion to the song and video. I cannot criticize anything."

In relation to the audience feedback, the use of a variety of shots with only a couple of shots being repeated in my video was a positive point because of the ability to keep the audience interested through constant anticipation. as well as the vast use of cinematography covering a wide range of framing and angles, such as cantered angles and low and high angles.

I have learned not to listen to everyone's views regarding the video and digipak because of the fact that everybody has different preferences. However, technical things such as "I think you should slow down the edits from 2.15 to 2.35 because they don't fit with the audio", would probably be noticed by a large number of audience members so instead of leaving it as it is, I altered it to match the person's preferences.
In my opinion, younger people would give more qualitative data because of the fact that my target audience is from 16-25 year olds. Furthermore, for my audience feedback I asked a wide range of people but if I was to carry out this data collection again, I'd ask a few people that I didn't know. This is so I don't get a biased answer and so they don't feel as if they're offending me if they're critiquing the video. Furthermore, the general theme I observed through the data collection was that people were saying things such as "I can't criticize anything because there's nothing I'd change about it" and "I think it's amazing, it couldn't be any better". This didn't help the process of finding out how I could improve my video for my audience.

For the reasons above, I decided to ask a new group of people who I knew would give me an honest answer. These consisted of a people who I knew personally but who I wasn't friends with. These people gave me more qualitative data such as "I didn't really connect with the narrative because it was a bit too depressing and dark. I understood what you was trying to do but I think it was too much". Although I made my video to be intentionally sad and dark this may not connect with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment