Friday 10 April 2015

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research,planning and evaluation stages?


Me and the artist exchanged ideas about the video via text message as well as arranging days where we could meet up. We also decided the clothing she should wear so that I could get an effect of her being a naked silhouette; which connotes her being exposed and un-hidden from the world. 
I used my phone to screenshot these texts to turn them into images. I then downloaded the Blogger app from the App Store so I could easily upload these images from my phone. 
A problem I had with this would be that my artist wouldn't always receive my messages and would be late for filming sessions.    








The Camera I used- Canon 600D
My video was edited to be in slow motion, up to 100% slower. So the settings I used in terms of frames rates were 50 frames per second. This means the camera samples still images at a much faster rate to create a more smooth flowing video, so when the image is slowed down, it doesn't jump from frame to frame. generally, the conventional camera settings used in a filming situation, whether it be a music video or a film, are 24 frames per second (typical Hollywood film settings) or 25 frames per second (typically used in Europe). The reason these frame rates are used so much is because the human eye sees things at these frame rates. if the frame rates were as high as 500 fps and shot in normal time, the video would look slightly strange as the human eye isn't used to seeing that many frames in real life.



18-55 mm lens
I used this lens for the majority of the shooting because of the stabilization of the video because of the low zoom. this meant that the shots were steady, even when the camera was hand held. also, its easy to keep in focus because of the shallowness of the lens, however the depth of field isn't as pronounced. A disadvantage to this is that you have to hold the camera very close to the thing you're filming.



55-200 mm lens
I used this lens for shots such as filming the burning pile of leaves. this is because of the depth of field it creates as well as being able to film it from far away, which helped prevent the camera from getting burnt. A disadvantage of this lens is that it goes out of focus easily when the camera is moved. Also, its sensitive to movement so filming can look shaken when the camera is handheld; however when using a tripod this is greatly reduced.







I used websites such as http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather to check the weather for the days I arranged to film. I did this because I wanted the weather to be as bright as possible because I was using a high frame rate on my camera, which reduces the exposure. A problem with this was that the weather wasn't always accurate and some days where slightly more cloudy and less bright than others. However, this enabled my to get some good effects by the use of brightening the clips post production to create eery effects such as this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment